DOES INSURANCE COVER ACUPUNCTURE?
Certain insurances cover acupuncture. Please check with your insurance policy to see if you are covered for acupuncture. Please give us a call ahead of your appointment for coverage verification. When you arrive, if you will be using your insurance, please have your insurance card ready.
- In-Network/Out-Network: This office is in-network with only some plans that cover acupuncture, including Landmark, Western Health Advantage and Aetna. Some insurances cover out of network benefits such as Anthem Blue Cross, depending on your plan. Please check with your plan to see if acupuncture is covered.
- Superbill: Our office can provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Payment is due at the time of service
- Veterans: If you have Veteran’s Affairs (VA) health insurance, we can treat you once you obtain approval from VA and help you with renewals.
- Car Accident: If you were injured in a car accident acupuncture can help you to recover faster. Most auto insurance companies cover acupuncture for treatment of injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents. I will bill for most car insurance companies, so the patient can focus on treatment and getting back to wellness and a sense of well-being. Be sure to check your insurance to see if you have paid into what is known as Med pay as this will easily cover your treatments without the need of a lawyer.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) payments are accepted
We take cash, check and charge.
Canceling or Changing Appointments:
Because your appointment is a guaranteed reservation for you, please note the following:
Keeping your appointments is an important commitment to your health. I realize that sometimes you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, and I understand that emergencies arise. However, if you need to cancel or change an appointment, please be sure to do so 24 hours in advance so that another patient can be accommodated. My voicemail is available 24 hours a day.
*Less than 24-hour notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment will incur a $75 charge.
* No-shows will incur the FULL CHARGE of your missed appointment.
* You will be charged even if you would normally use insurance to cover your treatment.
This also applies to the use of gift certificates, prepaid services, those for whom we bill insurance, or alternative payment methods.
Please note that scheduling an appointment is your acceptance of this policy.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.